Research report about the status of social entrepreneurship
in Europe and how the status can be enhanced
If you want to learn more about our findings concerning the current status of social entrepreneurship in Europe, relevant policies and support structures as well as the existing consulting and advisory services for social enterprises our relevant research is what you are looking for!
A thorough study based both on relevant literature and a field study will be carried out in order to provide an overview of the current status of social entrepreneurship in Europe, an overview of policies and relevant support structures as well as the existing consulting and advisory services for social enterprise and for enterprises generally.
The report covers the following subjects:
- Social entrepreneurship in Europe- current status
- Need for social entrepreneurship in Europe
- European policies for the development of social entrepreneurship
Presentation of different patterns in the participating countries about:
- Implementation of policies at country & regional level
- Services and related activities (training, mentoring, consulting etc) which are offered to social enterprises
- Support structures for the development of social entrepreneurship
- Best practices of social entrepreneurship advisory services
- Needs of potential social entrepreneurs for advice
Research report about the additional qualifications which business
advisors would require in order to be able to support social entrepreneurship
A field study has been carried out in order to provide an overview of the additional qualifications needed for the effective provision of advisory services to social entrepreneurs. This study is actually a training needs gap analysis for business advisors.
A comparative analysis identifies the current situation in advising in all partner countries with regards to skills needs especially for the provision of services to social entrepreneurs. The analysis provides a concrete report on the present situation and an assessment of possible future developments. It also identifies the nature of the gap between the skills required today and additional skills that will definitely be needed in the future. Those skills are matched with the skills that consultants have already.
It also identifies the desired learning outcomes from the training courses that will be provided in the framework of the project.